Friday, March 18, 2011

A FERAL CAT by Archie Bigg, recited by James Bigg

James Bigg
I’m a feral cat and I’m cunning and mean.
My fur is black and my eyes are green.
My claws are sharp, just right for scratching.
I know of a nest where some eggs are hatching.

My ears are torn from a long past fight.
I mostly go out in the dark of night
So don’t come near or I’ll spit and growl.
Just leave me alone when I’m on the prowl.

I’m not a pet like those pampered pusses
They’re spoilt and tame, just a bunch of wooses,
Meals from a plate like chicken and liver
Just the thought of it makes me shiver.

I know my way through the trees and ferns
And I love catching grinnels and robins and terns.
Nobody knows the pleasure it brings,
I’ll eat the whole bird except for the wings.

So set your traps but you won’t catch me,
I’m a mean feral cat as free as can be.
I see a cage with a sardine tin,
It smells pretty good, so I’ll just go in.

Better be careful it might be a trap,
I just give this tin a bit of a slap
The door slams behind me, I can’t get out
No matter how much I growl and shout.
I’m a mean feral cat and my time’s run out.

No comments:

Post a Comment