Friday, March 18, 2011

BEAUTIFUL THINGS ... CAN GROW IN GARDENS by By Mal Castledine, Australia

There’s a house and garden..
Not far from here,

My memories of them
Are very clear,

Mrs Viddler lived there when I was small,
She planted some trees and now they’re tall...

She fussed over roses,
That I thought were dead,

But each summer, they burst into blossom instead...

She laughed when I said,
“I hate their thorn,”

She said, “You smell their perfume
In the early morn”,

She was there each morning when
I walked to school,

Weeding the garden on her kneeling stool,

And in the afternoon, when I’d walk by,

I’d complain about school and she’d give me some pie,

Birds and butterflies were always around,
When she planted some seeds,
or dug up the ground...

But she was never lonely...
When I think back and see...

She had God...  She had garden...  
And of course...  She had me....

No comments:

Post a Comment